Day by day, innovations are announced in every industry. Similarly, in the field of dentistry, a new procedure is gaining popularity. This procedure is categorized as a cosmetic procedure for teeth whitening. The laser teeth whitening procedure has recently gained popularity on social media and in magazines as a quick and effective process to restore teeth’ color. Celebrities and influencers are recommending the procedure left and right. However, everything is never as it seems.
Your teeth are not something you can risk. Therefore, do not try a new procedure without an expert recommendation. Laser treatment is not for everyone; you must take the necessary precautions. The use of the procedure depends on the severity of your case. If your teeth’ discoloration is extremely severe, the procedure may not be for you. If you want the treatment, please visit a dentist for a proper diagnosis and recommendation.
What is the Laser Whitening Procedure
The doctor will apply a bleaching gel to the teeth during the procedure. Your gums will be covered with a rubber patch to protect them from the bleaching gel. Next, they will heat the gel with the laser, activating its whitening properties. You may feel bubbly in your mouth. This is a sign that the procedure is working. Once the procedure is done, the dentist will rinse your mouth to remove the gel. You will have a beautiful set of pearly white teeth if all goes well.
Laser Teeth Whitening Pros
- The procedure is fast and effective. You will get results within an hour and up to 10 shades brighter than yellow stains.
- The procedure can be targeted to one tooth or a number of teeth.
- The laser whitening procedure is effective against very stubborn stains.
- The procedure can bring your teeth to their original color, and with good dental hygiene, you can maintain the look for a long time.
- You can only get the procedure from professionals, so you know it will be effective.
- You will only need one or two appointments, ending within an hour.
Laser Teeth Whitening Cons
- The laser whitening cost is more expensive than any other. The reasons are many, like high demand and lack of professionals to do the job.
- It is not a permanent fix. The results last for years but not forever. Therefore, you must maintain a dental care routine and get regular dental checkups.
- Laser whitening will cause teeth sensitivity to high and low temperatures for up to 24 hours.
- If your stains are deep, this procedure may not be for you because it can end up causing more harm than good.
- Even though the dentist covers your gums first, you may still feel irritated after the procedure.
Laser teeth whitening is an effective procedure. However, it is not for everyone. You have to take the necessary precautions for your teeth. Ensure to visit a dental clinic before you get the procedure. Only if your dentist recommends the procedure, then should you get it. If you need dental consultation in Channelview, Texas, contact Sima Family Dental at (281) 457-6444.