Do you have an issue with your bite alignment? Or have crooked or crowded teeth? If the answer is a yes to both or any one of it, you don’t need to worry a dime because Invisalign is here to rescue you. Invisalign makes you feel special about your smile and boosts your confidence. Invisalign doesn’t need much in return, just a handful of cleaning habits will keep them on the run and prevent discoloration and accumulation of bacteria.
Here are some dos and don’ts of cleaning Invisalign.
- Make it a habit to remove your Invisalign in the morning and evening and rinse them thoroughly. While you sleep bacteria and saliva can build on them affecting your oral health, therefore it is important to clean them. To do so, you can use antibacterial soap and a brush with soft bristles. This will remove any stuck food particles and make the aligners look clean and fresh.
- Soak or Invisalign in a denture cleaner once a day, so make them look and smell good. After soaking, you can use a toothbrush to remove any food particles.
- Cleaning and brushing your teeth is as important as keeping the Invisalign clean. Before putting them back on, thoroughly brush and floss your teeth.
- Leaving the Invisalign out in open increases the chance of damage, or you might even lose them. So try not to do so.
- With your Invisalign on, water must be your only and favorite drink. For eating or drinking anything else, take them out, or the stuck food particles can stain and damage the Invisalign.
- One important thing to keep in mind when cleaning them is to avoid the use of colored toothpaste or scented soaps. This is necessary, or you might discolor your oral ornament.
If you have any questions, call Sima Dental Family Dental Center, at 281-457-6444.